Budgie Nutrition in the UK
I have 2 budgies both of who are under 6 months of age.
I am worried that they are not getting enough nutrition because:
1) They are on a 100% fortified seed diet as;
a) pellets are very expensive on the websites I have looked at.
b) They refuse fruit and veg even with continuous fresh fruit and veg.
2) They refuse to use the cuttlebone and mineral block
3) They are eating their own faces on a daily baiss,a nd it is hard to keep on top of it.
Basically, what I want to know is:
1) Are there any UK pellet companies that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
2) How can I get them to eat fresh fruit and veg as wastage is proving very expensive?
3) Should they have any calcium or vitamin and mineral supplements due to refusal of cuttlebone and mineral block?
4) Does the eating of their exrement mean deficiencies?
5) Should I consult the vet about the above matters? The vet will cost me, but if I can get them healthier, then I will pay.
I hope you can help.