Conure acting weird...already been to the vet once.
(San Francisco, ca)
Hello! My name is Deepa, and I have a green cheeked conure named Raja. I got him a couple months ago and I believe he is 6 years old. He started sneezing a couple weeks ago, and so I took him to a local vet. The vet said sneezing was a BAD sign..and so he gave him some sort of antibiotics and told me that it would cure whatever he might have. I finished his antibiotics 4 days ago but Raja is still sneezing!!
1) He eats normally
2) drinks normally
3) no fluid coming out of his nares
4) maybe some behavior issues last week with new people
5) sheds continuously (white dandruff looking stuff)
5) seems like he is itching constantly
6) grinds his beaks
7) sometimes he sits and opens his mouth and continuously moves his tongue up and down
8) seems pretty active...he kinda just sits there...but he has always kinda just sat there.
9) His chirping MAY have decreased but about the same
Since the vet said sneezing was a "BAD" sign, my primary concern is his sneezing.
Help please. :(
Thank you so much!