Fed bird dried plum - eyes watering

Hey i stupidly gave my parrot a piece of dried plum and his eyes are very watery. i don't know what to do!!!!!

Comments for Fed bird dried plum - eyes watering

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 20, 2011
Fed bird dried plum - eyes watering
by: Linda

You need to get your bird to an Avian Vet right away because he may have been poisoned.

Dried plums are not poison normally, but the kind you find in the grocery stores are all poison. All the dried fruit found in regular groceries are poison from the sulphur that is used as a preservative. This includes raisens in the boxes and all other dried fruit found in groceries.

The only place to buy safe dried and fresh fruit is from a good health food store who carries this kind of food. It will always say either on the package or above the bin "SULPHUR FREE", and only buy this kind of dried fruit for a bird. Birds normally don't like dried fruit anyway, and also get your fruit and veggies from a health food store or cooperative in your area because the stuff you get from the regular grocery store is also poison for birds. It is for humans too, but we can take more pesticide than a little bird. How human poisoning shows up is with various types of cancer, kidney disease, liver disease and so on.

Let us know what the Avian Vet has to say. Your bird could be having an allergic reaction to the sulphur and possibly sugar as well. Please do not delay going to the avian vet.

Find an Avian Vet

Linda

Click here to add your own comments