General Questions Lorikeet
Hello, I own a rainbow lorikeet and want to ask some questions.
- I took the Lorikeet for a full check up the vet said that the x ray showed the spleen is too big. It was like a blueberry size. Is it true that it is too big for the Lorikeet?
- I fed the Lorikeet Avocado and I found out that is says on this website that its toxic but I read somewhere that its actually nutritious and my bird liked it.
- I cannot find pollen or nectar and my Lori does not like honey what shall I give it as a substitute to that. I feed it fruits, juice but it doesnt like vegetables.
- My lori only chews on fruits and leaves all the solid parts. It never swallows them is that natural? How much should a 6 month old Lorikeet eat in a day and whats the healthy weight?
- Is there any vaccine available? Vet told me there wasnt.
- I had to do a PBDF test for the beak and feather that is expensive but my Lorikeet suffers from no feather and beak damage. (vet said that it is necessary)
- How do I know if it has thrash? I doubt my vet knows hes not an avian vet and i cant find one.
- Can the beak and nails be trimmed? will they grow back fast?
- My lorikeet scratches itself alot it doesnt have mites but is that normal?