Harrison's Bird Bread does not have any preservatives and is a healthy organic treat for your birds
Choose from 3 Great Flavors
Original, Hot Pepper and Millet Flax
Visit the BirdSafeStore.com to shop for all your parrot needs.
Harrison's Bird Bread
• Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds
• Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes
• Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet
• Can be hidden as a foraging reward
• Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications (do not bake medicine)
• Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalized or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet
• Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food
• Can be used as a weaning food to transition to a formulated diet
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Combine entire bag of mix with 2 whole organic eggs including the shell (make sure it gets crushed) (remove yolk for less fat), 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) AVIx Sunshine Factor® or other high quality organic vegetable oil, and 1 cup (235 ml) water. Fill greased bread pan or muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes. Do not bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds!
• May make up to 30% of the daily diet.
• If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a “treat” and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
• Can be served warm.
• Some flavorings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.
Storage & Shelf Life
Because Harrison's Bird Bread Mix does not contain preservatives, some care is recommended for storage.
• If the bag is opened, the top can be zipped closed or rolled down and closed with a chip clip for 4-6 weeks.
• Bird Bread can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator and 1 year in the freezer after baking.
• Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the original Harrison’s Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
• Bird Bread should not be reheated in a plastic container.
Crude protein (min.) 15%, crude fat (min.) 8%, crude fiber (max.) 6.5%, moisture (max.) 10%
*Harrison’s Bird Foods,® *Grey millet, *Safflower, *Sweet corn, Baking powder (aluminum-free)
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT