My wife bought a Conure for me on Father's Day in 2005. I named him Henry after my Grandfather of years ago. I was so surprised that Henry was such a talker. I loved him so much. He was well trained, talkative, and a joy to have around.
I want to let people know how dangerous bird toys can be. I lost Henry Dec.10, 2006. I had bought him a mirror/bell from a reputable store, and from a reputable company, Penn-Plax. The toy was wrapped in plastic, and I didn't bother to check the clacker after buying it because I didn't have any problems with other toys from this company.
Unfortunately the clacker was made from a pewter type material, not stainless steel and Henry died from lead poisoning ... I was so upset. I still cry today, ( embarrassing for a 60 year old man ) but I'm going to shop for an African Grey.
I settled with the insurance company so I can afford a bigger bird now. I have my bird store looking for me. Please, everyone, look at the toys you buy so no one goes through what I did.
Thank You very much.
Good Site? Vote at: