My conure chewed my hair wit hair dye on it

by Laura
(Ireland)

Please help my conure flew to me an picked up a strand of my hair and it had hair dye on it wat will I do ????

Comments for My conure chewed my hair wit hair dye on it

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 02, 2013
My conure chewed my hair wit hair dye on it
by: Linda

If your bird is not already dead from poisoning, get him to an Avian Vet ONLY as an emergency. If he got enough to poison him, you will see various unusual behaviors like stumbling, vomiting, possible nervous tics and so on. Fact is, by the time you receive an answer from here, he may already be dead. Keep your bird away from all toxic products and this means anything with fumes like hair dye, fingernail polish, paint and so on.

Anytime you are using anything toxic, your bird has to be removed from the home. If hair dye contains peroxide, the fumes alone will kill your bird.Fumes from various cleaning products are also toxic like bleach, ammonia, pinesol and many others. Anything with fumes is dangerous for birds and cats as they are especially sensitive to that kind of thing. Latex paint is toxic until dry and gassed out which takea about a month from the last coat on the last wall. There are many items that kill birds, and your job is to learn what they are and stay away from them. Aerosol cans are not to be used in a home with birds because the fluorocarbons also kill them.

Linda

Click here to add your own comments