Flight breeder bird cages
Our quality discount flight breeder bird cages are not only nice looking, they’re durable and easy to clean. All of our cages are High Quality Powder Coated Cages.
We have a variety of sizes and colors of quality flight and breeder bird cages for you to choose from.
** Please read our UPS Freight information if you are ordering one of the larger cages. **
Click on a picture for more information.
The four cages below come with a key lock.
Please have your credit card billing address and cvc number ready when you order for a smooth transaction.
Our merchant will not accept credit card orders with billing addresses that don't match the credit card account.
Please contact us if you have any difficulties and we will walk you through it.
Information about UPS Freight
The things mentioned below apply no matter who you order a large cage from. Other companies just don't tell you about it.
* Any cage bigger than the 32 x 23 will come UPS Freight or another freight company. Below are the things you need to know.
* I will send you a UPS Pro number to track your cage. I also tell give you the web address where you can track it.
* UPS will call you to set up a delivery time either the day of, or the day before delivery. If you are not there at the time you agreed to, they will charge you a hefty re-delivery fee.
* The driver is not allowed to lift more than 150 lbs and will need help getting the cage off the truck, so you will need to either help the driver or have someone there that can. (The cage comes in more than one box and can be removed one box at a time. You don't have to unload the whole pallet at one time.) More often than not the driver does all the work.
* If you request a lift when they call to set up an appointment, they will charge you $125. (They are supposed to tell you this.)
* You may call 800-443-6379 to talk to UPS about your shipment if you would like.
* You need to make sure to check the shipment before the delivery person leaves. If there is any sign of damage, then you need to get the driver to note on the bill that the shipment is damaged.
If the damage is only slight, then the cage company will send out a replacement part if you have UPS note the damage before they leave. (You don't have to know what is damaged, just note that the box is damaged before the driver leaves.)
If it is obvious that UPS has destroyed the cage, then just refuse shipment and we will quickly send out a replacement cage.
All delivery services have damaged shipments and I just want you to be prepared in case it happens to you.