raspy chirp

by Kaitlyn H
(Georgia)

Hi! I have a baby lovebird and today he nibbled on some brown rice with me. It had just a touch of soy sauce but i didn't think that would bother him. He is now playing fine and running around but his chirping is quieter and it seems
kinda raspy. Is he okay?!Today he also chewed on my pencil eraser but i stopped him. Idk if that could have anything to do with it...

Comments for raspy chirp

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 07, 2012
Bird chewing eraser and eating table food
by: Tracie

If your bird's chirp stays "raspy" then you need to Find an Avian Vet to examine your bird. Dr B can not tell if anything is wrong without examining your bird in person.

Please be careful what you allow your bird to chew on and eat. Your bird has tiny organs that have to process all the poison you allow the bird to ingest. Your bird should NOT have any table food that is seasoned, period.

Toxic / Non-toxic for birds list

Click here to add your own comments